GAIL and British Gas Asia each hold 49.75% in the company as of now which retails compressed natural gas (CNG) to automobiles and piped cooking gas to households in Mumbai. The Maharashtra government holds a minor 0.49 per cent stake in the firm.
The company have already sold 10 per cent stake in MGL to Maharashtra government and post public sale of 25 per cent in Pre-IPO market. GAIL and BG would hold about 32.5 % stake each.
The firm have total 11 numbers of Shareholders as on the date of this Draft Red Herring Prospectus. IPO has a reservation for its eligible employee.
Incorporated on 8th May 1995, Mahanagar Gas Limited got a certificate to start its business on July 4,1995 . The company was set up pursuant to a joint venture agreement entered into between GAIL and British Gas Plc. as on December 6, 1994 for city distribution and marketing of natural gas in greater Bombay or at such other places as may be decided by the Company from time to time (“JVA”).
The firm supplies gas to 0.82 million households and over 2,600 small commercial and 55 industrial establishments in and around Mumbai. The company also distributes CNG to vehicles in Mumbai, Thane, Mira-Bhayander, Navi Mumbai and beyond. It has 128 CNG filling stations in Mumbai and Greater Mumbai and 45 more in adjoining cities like Thane, Navi Mumbai and Panvel.
It distributed CNG to over 0.43 million vehicles in previous year. CNG sales account for about 74 per cent of its revenue while piped cooking gas sales and gas sale to commercial and industrial units make up for the remaining 26 per cent.
The company had posted a profit of Rs 301.01 crore on a revenue of Rs 2,135.63 crore for the 2014-15 fiscal.
The company has total 4464 Kms of pipelines currently.
Summary of the Company’s Event:-
|1997-1998||The first natural gas supply and transportation contract was signed with GAIL|
|2008-09||Completed laying 2,000 km of PE pipeline in GA 1|
|2010-11||Completed laying 200 km of steel pipeline in GA 1 and achieved a customer base of 0.5 million domestic customers|
|2011-12||Commissioned 150th CNG dispensing station|
|2012-13||Completed laying more than 350 km of PE pipeline and 350 km of steel pipelines|
|2013-14||Achieved a customer base of 1.0 million customers|
Outlook of the Firm
- Well positioned in Mumbai, one of the most populous cities in the world and second largest metropolitan city in India;
- Cost effective availability of domestic natural gas;
- Infrastructure exclusivity and established infrastructure network;
- Experience in successful development and operation of CGD business;
- Promoters with strong national and multinational experience; and
- Strong financial performance with consistent growth and profitability.
Objects Of The Issue:-
1) To achieve the benefits of listing the Equity Shares on the Stock Exchanges and to carry out the Offer for Sale.
2) The firm will be able to enhance its brand name and provide liquidity to the existing shareholders.
Summary Of Issue:
|Issue Open:-||Jun 21, 2016 to Jun 23, 2016|
|Issue Type||100% Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size (Shares)||Up to 24,694,500 Equity Shares|
|Issue Size in (Value)||Rs. 938.39 Crores at lower band & 1039.64 crores at upper band|
|Face Value||Rs. 10 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Price||Rs. 380 to Rs.421 per Equity Share|
|Market lots||35 Equity Shares|
|Minimum Order Quantity||35|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
The public offer includes:-
|Particular||Number Of Equity Shares|
|Fresh Issue of||Equity Shares aggregating up to Rs. 1200 crore|
|Offer For sale of||Up to 12347250 Equity Shares shares by state-run GAIL and of up to 12,347,250 shares by UK-based British Gas Asia Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd.|
Promoters Of the Company:-
As on date of this Draft Red Herring Prospectus, the Promoters of the company hold, in aggregate, 88,899,920 Equity Shares, representing 99.50% of the issued and paid-up Equity Share capital of the Company.
1) Gail(India) Limited :- It is one of the largest natural gas company with a market share of over 80% in natural gas transmission. Gail is the promoter of the company holding 44,449,960 Equity shares constituting 49.75% of the paid up Equity Share of the company. As on date, the equity shares of GAIL are listed on BSE and NSE. The global depositary receipts (“GDR”) of GAIL are listed on London Stock Exchange.
2) BG Asia Pacific Holdings Pte. Limited (BGAPH) :- The company is engaged in the day to day management of its investments throughout India, Egypt, Mauritius and South East Asia. It is holding 44,449,960 Equity Shares constituting 49.75% of the paid up Equity Share capital of our Company. Through its subsidiaries and associated companies, it is engaged in the business of, amongst others, exploration and production of oil and natural gas, LNG importation and marketing, and transmission and distribution of natural gas.
|Particulars||For the year/Period ended (Rs. in Million)|
|Total Equity & Liabilities||21,655.85||19,743.01||17,829.70||15,462.72||12,825.60|
|Profit After Tax (PAT)||3,010.01||2,972.49||2,985.06||3,077.43||2,255.08|
Pls. keep Looking for this space for Subscription details
Mahanagar gas IPO Allotment Status
Mahanagar Gas IPO allotment status would be available soon after the IPO closure date. Usually the allotment comes within a week from the closing date which in this IPO yet to be announced.
One can check the allotment on the below given link with PAN number or Application number or DP Client Id. All you need to do is to follow these steps
- Click on the given link See Mahanagar Gas Allotment Status here
- Go to Application status
- Select IPO as Mahanagar Gas
- Enter you PAN Number or Application Id or DP Client Id
It takes little time to fetch information so you need to be little patient.
Mahanagar Gas Listing Date
Pls. keep Looking for this space for Listing Date.
Lead Manager Details
1) Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited
1st Floor, 27 BKC, Plot No. 27, G Block
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051
Tel: +91 (22) 4336 0000, Fax: +91 (22) 6713 2447
Investor grievance e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Ganesh Rane
SEBI Registration No.: INM000008704
2) Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited
1202, 12th Floor, First International Financial Centre,
G-Block C54 & 55, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East) Mumbai – 400 051
Tel: +91 (22) 6175 9999 Fax: +91 (22) 6175 9961
Investor grievance e-mail: email@example.com
Contact Person: Tuhina Kapoor
SEBI Registration No.: INM000010718
Registrar To The Issue
Link Intime India Private Limited C 13,
Pannalal Silk Mills Compound LBS Marg,
Bhandup (West) Mumbai – 400 078
Tel: +91 (22) 6171 5400 Fax.: +91 (22) 2596 0329
Investor grievance email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Shanti Gopalkrishnan
SEBI Registration No.: INR 000004058
Registered Office Details:-
MGL House, G-33 Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051.
Contact Person: Mr. Alok Mishra,
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer; Tel: +91 (22) 6695 2941,
Fax: +91 (22) 6675 6491